Thursday, May 28, 2009

"Welcome to Wedding Season!"

Wow being back has been hectic! The weather has been beautiful for the mostpart but when it's not beautiful it's horrendous, like right now.. drizzling rain, cold and dark. I've always been blown away by New England's ability to jump weather by such extremes: 90° and sunny, to rainy and 45° in 24 hours! On one of the sunny days I was inspired to be summer-y, so I headed to Home Depot and bought some flowers. I'm not too worried about the impatients I bought in this weather because I feel (for some reason) like they're a hardier plant than some, but I'm nervous about the hibiscus I got for the front step. It has these beautiful, delicate pink flowers and it grows as a vine so Im trying to train it up the brick wall right next to the front door (we'll see how that goes!) The tag said it needs to be in temp's 50 and up though and it's been just below that for 2 days.. I seem to somehow do OK with plants although the reality is I have NO CLUE what I'm doing with them, so we'll see how it goes. Anyone with a green thumb??

Speaking of flowers, I worked at my first wedding this past weekend! It was a short, small wedding of 65 people, at a historical building in town. The grounds were beautiful but small, and my boss didn't actually plan this wedding, she was hired to oversee the day-of to make sure everything ran smoothly. The centerpieces and floral decor around the tent were very simple, potted wildflowers in all different colors. The bride had chosen napkins that were all different patterns (JCrew?) and they were all colorful. It ended up looking pretty all together, simple but nice. The rest of the day went as it should I think, although it did get extremely chilly once the sun went down and the space heaters in the tent weren't quite cutting it (note to self to always bring a sweater or jacket for the evening.) Dinner was great (the caterer was awesome) and clean up was easy (again the caterer was awesome) and we were all out of there by 9:30 after some serious dessert eating! I am definitely looking forward to the next wedding but it's not for a little while so I think I'll be doing some office work for the company for a while. We'll see how it goes!

No comments: