Thursday, January 7, 2010

Christmas in Punta Cana

I know. It's been forever. But I want to share some beautiful pictures from our family (avec boyfriends) trip to the Dominican Republic for Christmas this year! The vacation was a blast, although it was a little strange to find myself in a tropical paradise on Christmas morning (and I, in fact, forgot it was Christmas morning.) Our secret santa exchange took place at the poolside cafe in our resort, and gifts included a handmade Republica Dominicana picture frame and a lime green Speedo. Our Christmas Eve dinner took place not at our annual Cerroni-home feast, but rather at the resort's Christmas Gala, and Josh and I spent Christmas Eve day riding doonbuggies around the Dominican countryside. It was all lovely, but different. I am not, however, complaining. I needed that tropical weather and stress-free lounging even more than I had thought (and so did Josh)! The absolute highlight was the white sand beach at our resort, lined with grass cabana after cabana facing the turquoise water. I spent almost the entire time there, armed with "The Road" and a Bahama Mama (mmm I'm craving one now!) Ok, now for the pictures:




Shops along the beach next to the resort




Josh's Secret Santa Gift


The beautiful water




Flamingos at the resort pond

1 comment:

Jeremyinc said...

Hey cool blog post. When I was in Australia for christmas I made a snowman out of sand and shells said Merry Christmas, it was pretty popular (lots of asian tourists taking pictures) I saw you have a puggle, I think they are so cute, saw some really cute pictures of puggle on thispuggle site. There pretty cool dogs. Happy new years!