Wednesday, May 13, 2009

End of the Adventure

I really cant believe we leave in 3 days. Our landlord just came to "inspect" our apartment. The weather has been unbelievable the last few days, 80ish and sunny! Almost everyone has a tan at this point, but it's hard to sit out there in the heat with no water around to cool off. We've planned a going away party out on the terrace for Friday, all of our friends are coming and hopefully it'll be a potluck. Some people are worried about rain but I've got my fingers crossed! Today it's a little cooler out so I plan to clean the apt and PACK, ahh I cant believe this is happening! I've started making plans with people back at home for the next few days which is so exciting! We're all getting sad though, we went through a bunch of pictures the other day from when we first got here and throughout the trip. The entire thing has flown by and yet those pictures seem like aagggess ago. Lastnight we went to dinner at a place called Dante for Allie's 21st. The food was great. They let us take their free student drinks rule a little too far though when they learned it was her birthday. There were 5 of us and we went through 5 bottles of wine and a bottle of limoncello. We plan to go back tonight! After dinner we headed to Meccano for the Lil Jon concert. By the time he performed it was 230am and we were all getting sick of being there. It was a nice outdoor club, but it wasn't as nice as Central Park, and the music wasn't as good. When Lil Jon performed it was underwhelming to say the least. He just kind of bobbed up and down and his mic was turned down to the point that you couldn't really hear him over the music anyway, so he may as well have not been there. We had fun but certainly not the greatest of our nights here! Anyway I'm getting excited about summer plans now. I have a meeting with my new wedding-planner boss a few days after I get back, then the first wedding one week after I'm home! I can't wait for that. Ok, off to clean this hole of an apartment and enjoy Florence (and maybe some Millionaire Matchmaker shhhh!)